May 17, 2023
Solivus was set up to provide clean energy for a sustainable future. We provide an alternative to conventional solar, combining the lowest carbon, light-weight technology with a focus on elegant design to offer compelling clean energy solutions. It’s an approach grounded in our dedication to new technology, doing things differently and providing outstanding customer service.
We have a talented team of passionate and sustainability focused individuals from a range of disciplines with an experienced senior leadership team. Solivus have received external recognition including inclusion in Technation’s Net Zero cohort of most exciting and innovative climate tech scale ups and JP Morgan’s Top 200 Female Powered Businesses.
Decarbonise the built environment. We are on a mission to make it as easy as possible for mega-buildings and homeowners to reduce their carbon emissions by installing our innovative light-weight solar solutions.
Solivus is situated between Waterloo and Westminster in the heart of London. Overlooking the river, with views of Big Ben and The Houses of Parliament, Solivus shares a home with 100+ climate-tech businesses at the Sustainable Ventures flagship headquarters.
With hot desking, phone booth meeting rooms, community break out areas, a café and bar, and regular quiz nights and social events, you will find yourself within a unique and collaborative ecosystem.
This role will be overseeing the technical side of the business and ensuring everything that feeds into that runs efficiently. Being a start-up, this role requires someone to be hands on, actively helping with the workload as well as delegating and managing the team. Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience working in a start-up and scaling a technology.
This role will require presenting to our investors and the board, as well as, developing new products for the business, and advancing our engineering team both in size and capability.
You will direct the installations of ground mount and rooftop solar solutions as well as software development.
· Oversee the installations of our solar solutions and products with the internal team and our subcontractors
· Manage the engineering teams and subcontractors working on our product development
· Build and foster relationships with our supply chain partners which will involve international travel
· Being a highly valued and integral member of the business
· Grow ,build and evolve our technical and engineering teams
· Research and develop technical solutions
· Continuously research and remain an expert in the ever-changing renewable markets
· Manage our technical teams - getting the best out of the individuals that create them
· Analyse and strengthen our work methods
· Be a foundation of resilience and motivation for the business and people you manage
· Supply chain management – analysing, testing and recruiting new technologies
· Present to investors and the board
· Ensure the engineering team supports the sales process when required
· 5+ years of experience in managing teams
· 5+ years of experience in building and growing teams
· 5+ years of experience as a mechanical or electrical engineer
· A portfolio of 5+ products that you have developed from cradle-to-grave
· A Master’s Degree or equivalent in a related field
· CEng Qualification
· Experience with renewable technologies
· Proven experience in scaling a technical product
· Experience in creating high level presentations and delivering them to a number of audiences
· Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
· Great emotional intelligence, being able to deal with a range of personalities
· Proven experience in commercialising a product
· Travel throughout the UK, Europe and internationally when the job requires, for example, visiting suppliers
· A deep understanding of solar, battery and/or other renewable energy systems
· 3+ years of experience of scaling and working in start-ups
· Strong electrical knowledge of renewables systems
· The ability to help with the engineering workload; from a technical and hands-on perspective
· £80k-£120kannual salary (depending on experience)
· A company share options scheme
· A company car
· Accelerated career progression as we scale up rapidly
· Flexible hybrid working – 2/3 days a week in the office
· Pension scheme with employer contributions
· 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
· A central London office within the Sustainable Ventures community