senior Project Manager - Solar PV
September 22, 2023
Solivus was set up to provide clean energy for a sustainable future. We provide an alternative to conventional solar, combining the lowest carbon, light-weight technology with a focus on elegant design to offer compelling clean energy solutions. It’s an approach grounded in our dedication to new technology, doing things differently and providing outstanding customer service.
We have a talented team of passionate and sustainability focused individuals from a range of disciplines with an experienced senior leadership team. Solivus have received external recognition including inclusion in Technation’s Net Zero cohort of most exciting and innovative climate tech scale ups and JP Morgan’s Top 200 Female Powered Businesses.
Our mission is to decarbonise the built environment. We want to make it as easy as possible for mega-buildings and homeowners to reduce their carbon emissions by installing our innovative light-weight solar solutions.
Solivus is situated between Waterloo and Westminster in the heart of London. Overlooking the river, with views of Big Ben and The Houses of Parliament, Solivus shares a home with 100+ climate-tech businesses at the Sustainable Ventures flagship headquarters.
With hot desking, phone booth meeting rooms, community break out areas, a café and bar, and regular quiz nights and social events, you will find yourself within a unique and collaborative ecosystem.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an assertive Project Manager who will oversee Solar PV projects from proposal phase through to technical design, feasibility, permitting, installation, commissioning, and handover to client, with an added focus on fulfilling the duties of a Principal Designer as per CDM regulations. The Project Manager will oversee the entire process, taking responsibility for project reporting, customer liaison, budgeting as well as other project management-based tasks.
The role is varied, often pressurised, but always challenging and rewarding and you would be working for a dynamic company that recognises your hard work and rewards success.
· Project Lifecycle Management: Lead Solar PV projects from proposal phase through to technical design, feasibility, permitting, installation, commissioning, and client handover.
· Principle Designer Duties: Ensure compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM), acting as the Principal Designer to identify and mitigate health and safety risks throughout the project.
· Project Reporting: Create and maintain detailed project reports,tracking progress, milestones, and budget allocation.
· Customer Liaison: Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, addressing their concerns and ensuring clear communication throughout the project lifecycle.
· Budget Management: Oversee project budgets, manage cost control, and work collaboratively with finance teams to ensure projects stay within budget.
· Risk Assessment: Identify and assess project risks, develop mitigation plans, and implement necessary changes to ensure project success.
· Team Leadership: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, providing clear direction, and motivating team members to achieve project goals. Facilitating and documenting kick-off, calls and lessons learned meetings
· Minimum 5 years Project Management experience
· 3+ years of experience managing large projectswithin the construction industry
· Health and safety qualified with accredited bodysuch as SMSTS
· Experience working and managing projects at height
· Strong commercial knowledge, being able to liaise with stakeholders and clients about commercial requirements as well as overlooking contracts and the financial implications they may cause
· Being a proactive leader; we need someone to take the initiative and be the energy that is driving our projects
· Proficient with MS Office, specifically Microsoft Project and documentation control
· Experience of working across multiple projects of varying size and complexity
· Proactive attitude towards quality management and attention to detail
· Cordial and professional with good client facing skills
· Experienced in the development and application of project processes/controls including programmes, reporting, risk & issues management, change control etc.
· Loyal, displaying the highest levels of integrity and commitment
· Flexible and adaptable in a dynamic company
· Being an assertive leader with strong emotional intelligence, being able to manage a variety of personalities and get the best out of a team
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with demanding situations
· Technical understanding of Solar PV systems
· Ability to understand solar & electrical design
· Experience working on commercial solarinstallations
· £40k-£60k annual salary
· Flexible hybrid working - 2 days a week in the office
· Pension scheme with employer contributions
· 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
· A central London office within the Sustainable Ventures community
· Training and development