FINANCIAL COMMERCIAL PROJECTS LEAD
September 22, 2023
Solivus was set up to provide clean energy for a sustainable future. We provide an alternative to conventional solar, combining the lowest carbon, light-weight technology with a focus on elegant design to offer compelling clean energy solutions. It’s an approach grounded in our dedication to new technology, doing things differently and providing outstanding customer service.
We have a talented team of passionate and sustainability focused individuals from a range of disciplines with an experienced senior leadership team. Solivus have received external recognition including inclusion in Technation’s Net Zero cohort of most exciting and innovative climate tech scale ups and JP Morgan’s Top 200 Female Powered Businesses.
Our mission is to decarbonise the built environment. We want to make it as easy as possible for mega-buildings and homeowners to reduce their carbon emissions by installing our innovative light-weight solar solutions.
Solivus is situated between Waterloo and Westminster in the heart of London. Overlooking the river, with views of Big Ben and The Houses of Parliament, Solivus shares a home with 100+ climate-tech businesses at the Sustainable Ventures flagship headquarters.
With hot desking, phone booth meeting rooms, community break out areas, a café and bar, and regular quiz nights and social events, you will find yourself within a unique and collaborative ecosystem.
Reporting to the CFO, you will lead the unit economic modelling, communicating and explaining the financial model to clients, lead commercial negotiation (with the support of the legal team) to conclude the signing of contracts and sales cycle for commercial projects. Your work will be primarily focused on commercial solar projects. The role has the potential to extend into supporting fundraising, strategy, and business planning.
· To provide economic analyses for projects for Sales Lead to be incorporated into a presentation for clients
· To create high level presentations and support the Sales Lead in presenting and communicating economic analyses to our clients and to the internal team. These meetings will be both virtual and involve travelling to client premises.
· To lead commercial and economic evaluations on both our new and ongoing projects
· To liaise with client procurement, legal and finance teams once they have decided to go ahead with a solar installation. Your role will be to drive the meetings and communications to agreement and signature of the solar installation contract. You will work closely with the project sales lead and the Solivus Legal team at this stage of the process to work as a team to conclude the sale.
· A bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering, accounting or a similarly relevant subject or equivalent experience demonstrating you are capable of using the Solivus unit economic models.
· Exemplary communication skills; both verbal and written
· 2+years of experience in economic and financial modelling within the solar, renewable energy or broader infrastructure/construction sector
· Experience of negotiating either solar or infrastructure contracts
· Experience in economic and financial modelling techniques
· An interest in solar, battery storage and renewable energy systems
· Experience in stakeholder management (internal and client facing)
· Knowledge of the UK energy sector
· Knowledge and experience in commercial rooftop solar
· £50k-£90K annual salary depending on experience
· Flexible hybrid working from our London Office – 2/3 days a week in the office
· Pension scheme with employer contributions
· 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
· A central London office within the Sustainable Ventures community
· Bonus scheme
· Company car salary sacrifice scheme